Achievements 2016 - 17
At the end of last academic year (July 2017) 16, Year 6 pupils left Mossbrook for their secondary destinations which were: Bents Green, Seven Hills and Talbot.
All our children from Year 1 to 6 (aged 6 – 11) were set targets on the National Curriculum or P scales, 88% of targets were met or exceeded.
All of our children have IEP targets, 84% of targets were met or exceeded.
In addition to the numerous sports taking place at Mossbrook School there were a range of sporting achievements throughout the year including;
- Links SEN Boccia and indoor curling competitions
- Boccia finals at EIS
- Links Curling competition at Ice Sheffield
- Links bumper cars on ice activity at Ice Sheffield
- KS2 Links Move Fest at English Institute of Sport
- Multi Sports day at EIS
- Primary SEN partnership games at EIS
- Horse riding lessons for Y5 pupils
- Bike riding skills at Woolley Wood School
- EYFS, KS1 and KS2 Sports Day at Mossbrook School
- Tennis skills at Graves Tennis Centre
- Fencing Skills at Mossbrook School
- Taekwondo at Mossbrook School
- Dance workshops at Mossbrook School
- Weekly Yoga lessons for Key Stage 1 – Key Stage 2 at Mossbrook School
Children access swimming in both Mossbrook and Graves Pool throughout the year. There were many high achievements in swimming; many non-swimmers became swimmers and many more children achieved badges.
There were a wide range of trips throughout the year. These included both shorter trips by foot to the local park, café, library and shops and trips via mini-bus and public transport to museums, trampolining parks, wildlife parks, theatres and other attractions.